Monday, April 28, 2003

It's monday around 2pm and I just got some new information about a potential missions opportunity for August! I just called the contact lady in California and got some info. The insane part......I should decide whether to join them by TOMORROW!!! I have such a hard, stressful time when I have to make such huge decisions so fast! One big problem....the finances. I was hoping they would be half of what they might be. I was preparing myself for about 2-3 grand, but this opportunity is $3500..American! That is a lot more when translated into Canadian dollars! It would be a totally amazing experience though. My passion has always been to go to Africa, since I can remember! This trip covers Congo, Botswana and Zimbabwe in 3 weeks...in August! The parts that make me hmmmmm....are that it is more of a conference for half of it than actually doing the stuff. It sounds interesting though, because they are churches all over the world so I believe a different country does the service every night. I'm sure I would learn TONS about churches around the globe, their hearts, and different ways of serving Jesus (through prayer, customs, worship, etc). The other thing that sort of makes me wary is that it is with Mennonite Brethren people. I am from a Mennonite town and have a Mennonite last name, but have never been part of a Mennonite church. I have tons of friends who have or do go to Mennonite churches, I'm just afraid that suddenly it will be severly conservative! I think that I don't really have to worry about this though, because I'm sure churches around the world regardless of denomination, are completely different, and it's really their hearts that matter. Not the way that people worship, pray, etc, but what their hearts are all about is what is important! PLEASE PRAY for me whoever reads this blog, especially in the next day or two as I make this decision! I am pretty much going on very limited information and a ton of faith! God will have to figure everything out for me, especially the money part! Please pray that I hear from Him clearly, that I have the faith that He can do anything, and that I don't let my organization and such get in the way of God's spontaneity! He doesn't think and plan in the ways that I like to do, sometimes! Please pray! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: