Thursday, April 24, 2003

I just got back from work a few minutes ago. I worked my first evening shift and I kinda liked it! I can handle getting paid more for a more relaxed shift (compared to days)! The seniors are sweethearts! I hope that I can stay fresh and not become too much of a machine, forgetting about the care of human beings. There are some really sad things about the system. I wish I could make some changes. I sure hope to! I don't think I want to get that old either...I would like to die when my mind is still with me and my body isn't utterly failing. Hopefully, pass away peacefully in my sleep with a smile on my face. I guess thinking about the way you want to die is kind of a depressing topic, but working with older adults makes me think about me as a senior. I really want to have a husband and some kids especially if I get that old. I see the people that have great spouses in the facility and they are so lucky! There lives are so different from the seniors that don't have anybody. Well, I guess it is a lesson to live every day to the fullest! Who knows how many more each of us have left? We just have to make the very best of what is right in front of us.

No comments: