Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm into learning how to soak.

I am feeling drawn into a place of soaking with my Jesus. I need to make space for myself to just rest in His presence and get to know Him in a new way. I am really enjoying this thing of prayer...but I don't want to find myself always talking and not resting and listening.

So, I need to start to put on a cd and lie there. Let myself rest in His presence. Let Him speak to my soul and revive me. I felt that presence and nearness all day.

I had a day off today. Today and tomorrow are my weekend (I worked all weekend). It is actually really nice to have my days off in the middle of the week because I actually get to spend them resting at home. When my days off are on the weekend, I tend to fill them with a lot of fun things. But it isn't necessarily resting.

So, I've enjoyed some time in the Word today. I've enjoyed putting on worship music and going for it in my kitchen as I make supper. I've enjoyed dancing His peace over my bedroom. I've enjoyed talking with my Friend. This is such intimate time and I love the contentment that comes with it. I don't want the end of the day at home to come. I've really enjoyed the rest and presence of my Friend. I know that He is always with me...I've just loved our time together today and don't want it to end.

No comments: