Sunday, July 17, 2005

Another day in emerg.....

The day began like any other. Up before Shane, get ready and off to work while he is still resting in bed. Today I was a little sleepier and a little envious of his extra sleeping time.
The day on labor and delivery began, excitement off the bat. Bad fetal heart rate tracings, forceps delivery, etc. Then it got slow....
So, at lunch I called my Shaner, knowing that he would be out of church by then. This is when I found out the bad news.

This morning Shane awoke to a feeling of thirst. So, he decided to refill his glass of water in the kitchen before getting back to sleep. It was 7:06am.
He awoke, laying down on his tummy in the entrance of our appartment, which is on the way to the kitchen, around 8:40am. An hour and a half later. His cup that he had been carrying, was lying nearby and the small amount of water that was in it was spilled on nearby stuff and the wall. Tired and all, Shane went to church wanting some prayer and failing to alert others of his morning events (except his dad, who's a great secret keeper).

I, feeling a little rattled emotionally, consulted the nurses on my ward and one of the doctors. They were all such a support and gave me some nice, sound medical advise. 4 seizures in 6 days? Get him into emergency.

So, after 5-6 hours in emergency again today, an EKG, more bloodwork, a WHOLE LOT of waiting and some IV Dilantin (anti-convulsant medication), we are back at home. Shane's feeling pretty drowsy and dizzy with some slurred speech and blurred vision at present. I think that was quite the dose that he got!

We need your continued prayers! We want to hear the Lord on this one.

No comments: