Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Update on the drama of yesterday....

Thanks so much for your prayers everyone and all the supportive comments! We really appreciate the support! Things are getting kinda back to normal. I was a little apprehensive about sleeping last night and awoke to check on Shane numerous times and check that he was still and breathing.
We ended up making a bed on the living room floor because it is cooler out in the living room with the air conditioner. I actually welcomed the idea of not sleeping in our room. It was just freaky for me. I don't want to be bothered by fear or worry, but it just felt weird to sleep in our room last night with some flashbacks of how I woke up that morning. I feel the need to vaccuum in that room today....get rid of anything that could be in there. I know it sounds strange.

Otherwise, the situation went as smoothly as I could have hoped for. I wanted to cry last morning when I woke up with Shane in that state. But I clicked into nurse mode and was pretty calm, but a little paniced. Because of the need to remain rationale, I didn't cry at the time and so I actually haven't shed a tear yet. Maybe I will at some point just to release any kind of feelings that need to be let out through tears.

It was very helpful to know the lingo of what the peramedics were saying. It allowed me to know that his vital signs, blood sugar, etc were ok. Though I think his pulse was pretty elevated.

We went for some food with his parents, my mom and sister after we left the hospital yesterday afternoon. Then we came home to return some calls and give some updates and headed to bed. We were both really exhausted and needed a nap. So, we slept for 2 hours and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Popsicles, a cute movie and my sister were the best medicine!

Just continue to pray for answers, light into the spiritual and physical side of things, that seizures never happen again, and that fear and anxiety wouldn't have any room in our hearts or home. Thanks again for all the support! It is SOOO appreciated!

No comments: