Friday, July 15, 2005

Do we look like a target??????

To add to all the drama lately, which has mostly been negative, Shane called to tell me our car was broken into during the night. This has never happened to us. I'm insulted.
The trunk was open and the drivers side door was unlocked when he went down this morning. I went to check it all out, make sure the car was ok and take pictures. Somehow they managed to get in, without leaving a mark on the outside of the car.

Our cds are gone. Bless the ones that now own a bunch of teaching tapes! Shane's precious sunglasses are gone. Shane's golf clubs are gone. The golf clubs are the big thing.

Another rotten thing is that the golf clubs might be covered by house insurance as opposed to autopac (so says the policeman that Shane talked to), which means our deductable is $1000. Something that we just can't afford.

I don't know what is going on these days! The more that happens, the more it feels like these are strategic negative things and not just happening by chance. Attack? I don't know what is going on!

When Shane called back from talking with the police, his first words were, "No Kansas City" because of the expense that this might cause us. Oh no, I say! We aren't giving up like that! I could see how Satan may be trying pretty hard this week to stop us from going...with the events of Shane's drivers being taken away, having some medical issues to think about while in another country, someone trying to wreck our car, the addition of a huge expense that we can't really afford, and us both feeling sick.

But, we will keep on fighting. We will still go to Kansas City. We want all that God has for us. In this time, we feel like going to KC for those 10 days is part of the puzzle piece of our journey at this point. I don't want anything of darkness to thwart the plans that God has for us. I also want to be wise. Help Lord!

No comments: