Good news today on another note......
I got a .7 term on LDRP today! That means I work 7 days out of a two week period generally (full time is 10 days). I'm working 8 hour day and night shifts, which also means that I get every evening off with my husband! And now that it is a real nursing position, I get every other weekend off! Also, just for clarity, LDRP is the labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum ward...so I get both labor and delivery and postpartum experience. That part is good. That is the ward that I started my practicum on in May. Now I'm on Labor and Delivery, the high risk side. I hope to be able to work there at some point (sooner than later) because it is really great experience for a new grad! I'm really enjoying all the action....even though I do support the philosophy of LDRP which supports less interventions and more natural ways of laboring and delivering.
The only other part is that it is a term. It starts the day after I write my RN national exam....about August 11 I think and goes until October sometime. It isn't very long, but it gets my foot in the door! Hopefully I land another term or a permanent position in that time! I'm very happy to have a job waiting for me! And I'm not even done my senior practicum yet! Thank-you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment