Bummed...bummed...bummed.....
We are NOT taking our preplanned trip to Kansas City on thursday. I am very disappointed and am feeling a little bummed about it, and the next few weeks, today.
We went to Shane's family doctor today. The word is that he will not have his licence for a minimum of 1 year. As well, he will probably be on the medication for the year as well. I asked when he could be weaned off of it. The doctor advised that we should not do that until he has been given his licence back and the seizures are well managed, and then do it slowly, through the doctor. Also, blood work every 2 weeks for the first little while and doctor's visits will be tricky as Shane will need a driver to each appointment. So, I really pray that his work is understanding about the time he'll need off to do these things and I pray that I have the right days off. Also, my question is, how do we get Shane to work every day for an entire year?
All of this also means that we will not be covered by insurance until Shane is on a stable dose, with no other seizures, for at least 6 months. This means no Kansas City this week, no One Thing conference in December, etc. It really feels as though one big door as been shut. The fact that Shane really can't leave the country until at least January, unless we want to risk paying an arm and a leg, really feels limiting. Guess we aren't leaving anytime soon......not that it was a plan to, but it was at least an option a week ago.
I'm tired of having a good attitude at this moment. I'm bummed and I think this sucks. We are feeling pretty good otherwise. We are both feeling quite peaceful admist the circumstances and I feel the underlying soverignty of God in our lives. He is good, always has been, always will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment