Friday, July 29, 2005

Heaven would be nice......

Some days I just really want this world to pass away, this life on earth to end, and heaven to be my immediate home. I feel a hunger, a discontentment sometimes. I search within to see what is up. I sometimes try to fill it by trial and error. No. Sometimes it just comes down to a longing for my Home. When I'm feeling a little out of sorts and really sit down to examine why, often it is that I want heaven.

Today, this afternoon, right now, I want heaven.

I'm not satisfied today on earth. I'm tired of this place. I want more than it has to offer me. I want the perfection of the new heaven and the new earth. I want to see my Jesus face to face. I want to see my name written in heaven. I want to see the place prepared for me.

(Now, those of you with all kinds of differing opinions about the end of the age, humor me and don't debate this time. I just wanted to verbalize my desire for what is to come...however it is going to look. And also, don't get worried that I'm wanting to die or anything. I love to live, but today I long for heaven.)

So, Jesus, impact my world with Your reality. Show me a piece of heaven here on earth. Be near. Create in me a content heart....a heart that is content in any and every situation. Open my eyes to see things the way that You do.

No comments: