Monday, July 18, 2005

Holidays begin....

Due to the craziness of the last week or so and the effect it has had both physically and emotionally on us, Shane decided to start his holidays today, instead of waiting until thursday like originally planned. He really is wasted and needs to rest. I don't think he would be functioning all that great if he worked the next 3 days.

We have been sleeping the morning away. I took him to work this morning, and went back home. He called me half an hour later to come pick him up. He wanted to run the idea of starting his holidays today by his boss, without me waiting in the parking lot. Since we've been home, we've slept. I felt so heavy, like I couldn't even move I was so exhausted. That is a bizarre feeling. I don't like it, because I'm not as alert as I'd like to be at this time.

We have a bunch of things to do which his being home will come in handy. We have to work out the insurance stuff from the break-in of the car, have an appointment with MPI to see if there was any damage, go to Shane's doctor tomorrow, fill his perscription for the dilantin, etc. Lots to do, and no motivation to do it while feeling so tired.

I scheduled a 90 minute massage for this afternoon last month. I wanted to treat myself as a present for being done my senior practicum (well, one more shift left). My benefits through the University cover a few a year. Now that Shane is home today, I'm a little nervous about going and leaving him here. I thought he may come and sit in the waiting room, but that is boring and I don't want him to have to do that. But, I really don't want to cancel it either. I could really use it at this point. I just had a thought though. Maybe I will reduce the time to 1 hour....I'm more comfortable leaving him for 1 hour than 1 and a half.....I think that is because his seizure and sleeping times have been 1 and a half to 2 hours this past week. I guess that's my internal logic.

So, I'll figure it out in the next few minutes and then bring the cell phone with me so that I can check up on him. Besides I'm only 5 minutes away. Yikes, these kind of thoughts and decisions about daily life and how it can suddenly get more complicated, suck.

No comments: