Wow! I have been neglecting my blogging responsibility! Since the last blog, I had a great time visiting with my friends from Florida, had my dance recital (which was very fun to be a part of) and think I've made a decision. The plans that changed so unexpectedly were the plans to go to Africa. I was processing the change and what I would do instead since I found out. The trip was cancelled due to international politics and possible danger to the team. The final thing that made the decision was that the US embassy closed due to the dangers, which was our safety net in case of danger. Also the British airlines weren't flying in to Kenya either. So, with all the possible danger and terrorist problems, they cancelled the trip. It's sad that I can't go to my beloved Africa, but I felt a lot of peace even when I was reading the email for the first time which said the decision. I know that God has a different plan. He must have known all along that this time Africa wasn't going to work out. I feel good though knowning that I was obedient, that I had the drive and motivation to make it real, and that it wasn't just a dream, but I was going. In light of the past few days, I think I'm going to join a different trip through the Global Health Outreach teams (same teams as Africa). One happens to be the same time period minus a day, doing the same sort of stuff. The team is going to El Salvador. I asked the lady at human resources what the difference would be in the trips, except for the different location. She said that the El Salvador trip would actually give me more opportunity in the medical side of things! It is because they are more organized and a little more modernized out there, making the medical side of things more advanced. Also, I'm pumped because there is a surgical component to this trip that there wasn't in Africa's. We are also working with Oasis Ministries, who are totally into the music, drama, speaking, and children's ministry thing! It should really be a good experience! I think I'll pray a little more and hopefully call the lady at human resources today to confirm my involvement! The totally amazing part.....it's almost half the price of the Kenya trip! Thank-you Jesus! He really is thinking about us and helping us out financially!
Also, I applied for 5 positions at work, and last friday I had an interview at the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Hopefully something stable works out!
I should get off the internet because I'm waiting for a massage place to call me back and book an appointment! Oh, hopefully for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment