Update on the work situation....
Had my meeting with my boss and the union representative. It went well.
I had 4 choices of other positions to choose from. Shane and I have decided on one already. My new position starting March 11 (unless something divine happens and I get my position back!) will be a full time, 12 hour day/night position in the perinatal float pool. I was in the maternal child float pool, which would eventually include 3B (gyne) and NICU. The perinatal float pool is the 3 wards that I already work on (LDRP, L & D and 3A-postpartum). So no new wards for a while.
Negatives:
- had such a beautiful position that I didn't want to part with
- really enjoyed the freedom of having every other week off....flexibility with plans/trips
- I don't enjoy the idea of fulltime work...I want more time with my husband, friends and God
stuff that is happening in our lives.... .75 was really ideal for that!
- 55-60% of my check will be gone before I receive it working fulltime (taxes, union dues)
- my weekend to work will be switching....that's not a huge deal but in the long run I was supposed to have mother's day, easter, and my anniversary weekend off...not anymore
Positives:
- I DIDN'T GET LAID OFF!! The ones that are at the very bottom will be getting laid off...
- I got a choice of at least 4 positions to choose from.
- I didn't have to choose a job in a totally different area of the hospital...I am still with labor and delivery!
- The new position is pretty much my same job and schedule...except adding an extra 2 shifts in my usual week off....I normally picked up one anyways
- I won't have to pick up any shifts....I have more than enough hours.
- There will be some extra money on each check
So, all in all, it isn't too big of a change...it is just a big dissapointment to have to give up a perfect position for Shane and I. But, hopefully the same one comes up soon (there are quite a few .75 positions in the float pool) and I can go right back into it! Thank- you God for your provision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment