So blessed that I cried....
I honestly feel incredibly blessed and taken care of. Jesus has not only met my needs in the area of my job, but he has completely met my wants. I feel spoiled. And almost shocked that he would even fulfill my desires that aren't needs.
As most of you know, I was bumped from my beloved .75 position 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been praying that I would get my job back before the new positions are in effect as of March 11. I have been feeling like I would just be getting it back.
There was a position that went up that I thought the girl who bumped me might get. I was sure hoping..because if she got it, I would get my job back. I ran into the unit manager for her floor and spoke with her about this situation. She pretty much told me that there were other employees ahead of this girl and it was unlikely she would be getting the position. So, that gave me a new reality yesterday morning.
Later that morning, I went to peer at the schedule to find a switch for one of my weekends with the new schedule I would have to think I was going into. My boss popped his head in the doorframe and mentioned that at 1pm he was going to post 2 positions just like the one I currently have on the unfilled list!
This was great news! I wanted another .75 and if it is on the unfilled list, I don't have to worry about waiting until it is taken down and processed in a week, or about seniority. It is just first come first serve!
I zoomed upstairs to have my charge nurse help me locate a computer and a password so that I could print out my resume and be ready to hand it in at 1pm.
I put my resume into the right hands at 1:15pm yesterday. I thought it might take a few days perhaps. I got a call at 4:30pm when I was home. I had my choice of the two .75 positions!
So, today I went to pick which one I wanted. I was a little disappointed that both of them were the opposite weekend than I work now, but hey. At least I get my old schedule back and don't have to work the fulltime one!
But, Jesus had an even better plan.
One of the schedules is exactly what I work now. Meaning, I miss every other Encounter God service, every other housegroup night and can be at every tuesday prayer night.
One of the schedules had one day different. Meaning, I can make 3 out of 4 Encounter God services (and be late for the 4th), I miss 3 housegroup nights per month, and can still be at every tuesday prayer night. This also opens up every monday (both day and night), since I never work mondays or tuesdays.
I took the second position. Sunday nights are one of the most important days of the week for me. And now, I can be at all of the Encounter God Services (and late for one of them).
When I left, I was overwhelmed with the blessing in my life. I am a new nurse and I have the schedule that works perfectly for my life. I am in the area of nursing that I want to be in. I have the schedule that I want. I have the days off that are perfect.
I cried in the car when I thought about how intimate Jesus is that he would give me the position I wanted back, and with a twist that would make it even better. He is so dear to me. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment