A day from.....double hockey sticks (a reference to a swear)!
What a crazy day. Out of control!
I had a nuty day on the postpartum ward. I did 4 discharges today. And the worst part was dealing with a sickly baby...who didn't belong in the normal nursery. I fretted over him all day...to finally get him back to NICU by the end of the day shift.
I was so overwhelmed. It is often like that on that particular ward. And I cried. I tried so hard not to. But then I met a nurse that I know from L & D in the hallway on the way back from NICU and she asked why my day was so insane. When people ask that question, it is just the last straw sometimes. I didn't allow myself to bawl like I totally could have. I just teared a little.
The evening part of my 12 hour shift was totally different. Very nice. Totally in control.
One more shift to go until the festivities of the week begin - Steph's birthday and Valentine's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment