Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lookin' a little silly......

So, about 6 months or so into our marriage, I started wearing a niteguard while sleeping at night. I found out very quickly once we were married that I grind my teeth at night...enough to wake Shane up! Since that is a very unbecoming sound and I was grinding away my enamel, I got a niteguard. It has been very helpful in protecting these teeth of mine and making the night more pleasant for my husband next to me!

Within the past few days, Shane and I received our musician plugs! Yeah Steph! Thanks a million! So, this past night when I was trying to go to bed, and realizing that I was really distracted from sleep and not really into going to bed but needed to, I thought I'd try out the musician plugs. Ahhh...they don't block all sound, but decrease the decibles of sound you hear (or something like that). It was enough to make things very quiet in my little head. I drifted off fairly quickly, though the hard contraptions in my ears were a little uncomfortable, bordering a little painful.

I awoke at 1:45am...from a pretty deep-feeling sleep....to notice I only had one ear plug in. Instead of rolling over and continuing in my quality rest, I started to look for the left plug in the dark. That lead to finding Shane still up in the kitchen. He had a little search for me, in the harsh light of the room, and came out with no plug. Forget it...I thought...by that point. I'll find it in the morning.

Well, by that point the damage was done. I had awakened myself enough to have a crappy night for the rest. Not a great sleep at all. Good thing today is just a piddly little 8 hour shift in the middle of my week off!

My question is where is the plug? It must be in the room somewhere. And I find it quite hard to believe that it would actually fall out, as they are mighty molded in there.

I'm thinking I thought they were uncomfortable as I slept and therefore took one out and got rid of it. I'm curious what I did with it though!

I remember a few nights while I was getting used to the new mouthguard. I found it under the bed a few mornings! I must have taken it out and somehow thought that the nightstand or the floor was not enough! It must be hidden! Under the bed! Now, that is talent to do in your sleep!

So, who knows where the plug could be hidden!!!!! I'll let you know if it appears in a strange location!

No comments: