"But, I can pray for you!"......
A phrase that I sometimes say. Not generally at work. Last night was a little different than normal.
I had a really special experience with one of my patients. She was upset, for a bunch of different reasons. I didn't want to intrude on her private conversation on the telephone, but could tell she was really upset. So, I asked/motioned if she was ok and if she wanted me to stick around. So, I sat on the couch as she finished her difficult conversation.
We began to talk on the couch and then moved back into her hospital room. She talked. I listened mostly. I sat purched on the end of a chair beside her bed. I offerred kleenex. Then I had a moment. Should I offer to pray for her?
It was just the right moment. And I offerred. I wasn't even really nervous.
She couldn't believe that I would offer. And she was easy to accept. So, I prayed. For her, for rest, for peace, for provision from Jesus, for her husband and children. I talked to Jesus like I would normally. I don't think it sounded stoic or traditional. It was like I would normally talk to him.
I'm so happy that I was listening with the ears of my heart to the situation and God's nudges. Right after I prayed, my patient was awed that I would have offerred and said that it was exactly what she needed at that time.
From talking some more, it sounded like there has been some drawing towards Christ...or at least church and such, in different ways, which always get blocked or sidetracked. I pray that the paths to Jesus would be opened up for her and her family.
I told her that Jesus loves her. Just the way she is. That she doesn't have to have it all together to embrace him. And I told her that if she needed an ear or another prayer at all throughout the night, to put on her call light and I'd come.
The rest of the night was quite sweet with her. It really bonded us. It was special. And she mentioned multiple times throughout the night how amazed she was that I prayed for her. She said she would have been way too scared and unsure of what the other person would respond like to ask. I told her it was just the right moment and I felt right to ask her. She said that the Lord must have brought me to her.
Thank-you Lord for such a sweet opportunity. What a rush!
Jesus, give Your servants boldness, gentleness and sensitivity to hear Your voice and sense Your nudges throughout our daily lives.
And continue to be with my patient. Provide for her. Make a way where there seems to be none. And draw her in any way You need to Your heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment