So my journey on the learning road to contentment continues.......
Some days I find are peaceful, relaxed and the contentment-thing is happening! Others aren't so good. Monday was one of those peaceful days. I spent the entire day at home and in the evening Shane and I went out for 2-3 hours to visit his family and pick up a few groceries. But I was in the appartment, mostly alone, for almost 24 hours. That may seem like nothing to some stay-at-home moms. But, for a just-married, usually quite busy girl of 21, it has been a challenge, but a good one. I've been praying that God would teach me more about contentment. Oh the peace and contentment was flowing on monday. It is such a conscious effort on one hand. I find that if I don't think about it, I can get so sidetracked and just go about a regular day. If I consciously think about these topics and pray about them at times throughout the day, things go a lot better. But the deal is that I can't make these good feelings happen. Praying and thinking helps. Reading my Bible helps. Quiet time and relaxing helps. But it is God who gives me the peace that I long for. Nothing else can really make it happen. That is good for the people who don't have the time or space for the quiet or relaxing times. Have hope! God is bigger than our circumstances!
So, the on one hand it seems to be a conscious effort and on the other, it has absolutely nothing to do with what I do, only God.
So, yesterday was the other kind of day. Little things were bugging me and on my mind (eg. concern over whether or not my massage today would be covered by my benefits or not, a little nervous about finances, etc). They weren't big events of the day, just little thoughts that concerned me and that I allowed to fester in my brain and heart without me realizing. So, by early evening I was unhappy. I think the disturbing show that was on Oprah aided in my mood....but that is besides the point. I haven't felt cranky like that in a long time. It is like an itch deep in your heart that you just can't scratch. Boy, I hate those times. Thankfully, I hung out with my sister, who is so understanding about those rare cranky days and we ended up having a nice evening together. I'd say a good friend, a chick flick and food often helps the mood! ......and I think that Jesus is aware of that! Hee hee!
Well, today was a better day. I had physio, which I actually enjoy. I scrubbed down my kitchen and focussed on washing my oven and organizing my cupboards. See I have a list of what I want to get done before school starts. There are 56 items on the list....so if I want to get them done, I have to do 3-4 per day. At least that gives me something to do. Now that my back is getting better and I feel less pain, physio says to test it a little. Within reason of course! But, give my back some activity, rest and see how it feels. So, I'm going to try to do more, but rest a whole lot in between! We'll see how that goes!
I had a great massage though this afternoon and that is enough to make anyone smile! Ooooo those hip muscles get so tight! Anyways, I should go. I'm going to my aunt and uncle's for supper tonight...and my mom, sister and grandma will be there! It is going to be good.....and I'm excited to eat!!!
Have a great evening! (wheww.....what a long blog!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment