I have a sore back. I screwed it up at work yesterday morning. Transferring a resident onto the toilet, my back felt sudden and severe pain. Left work and went to the walk-in. Stupid walk-in doctor didn't even listen to my story and made me feel like I was making it all up. He gave me a prescription (I don't like taking meds so I'm tempted to skip that part but I'm trying not to) and referred me to physio. Again stupid doc told me to try and give my work shift tomorrow a try! Stupid! So today I went to physio. I have a soft tissue sprain on my lower back by my sacrum. It hurts a bit and mostly on the left side. I have some pain on lifting and bending. I just don't want to do any permanent damage. Physio said definitely don't go to work tomorrow! So, I'm not sure what the next few weeks will look like. I don't like injury, but I don't like work. I am afraid that my job is ruining my body for good. I can't see how this won't continue to happen until Sept. 4 which is my last day before going back to University. I'm afraid to go back to work.
But I don't have to go back until next tuesday at the earliest. I hope that I can enjoy this time off with a golden ticket to relax. I have been told no vaccuuming, scrubbing, gardening, lifting certain things, etc. I hope that I don't get bored! So, I must relax. I might go out to the lake this weekend. I was supposed to go to help out the staff by cleaning, but that's out the window. Maybe I'll go for some relaxation and good teaching and ministry....my hubbie works all weekend anyways. We'll see what happens.
Please pray for my back. Pray that it is not a permanent injury or the beginning of anything progressive or chronic! Back pain sucks! Also, please pray for wisdom...I don't want to damage my back for only 4 more weeks of work. It just isn't worth it. I'm feeling a little consumed with this issue right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment