Thursday, September 02, 2004

Happy September to you all! I'm really excited to be getting started with a new university year! Yippee! Something to do again!

University begins next thursday! It is my last year of nursing which is bittersweet for me. I love returning to school each year. When Shane starts to go back each fall and I'm just working like normal, I'm going to be jealous! I hope that this year is a good one. I think that it will be. I have a pretty good school schedule and so far, my course leader for clinical has been pretty flexible.

See, we have two clinicals this semester (palliative and mental health) and so each take a month and you get the third month off! That is a sweet deal! See, I don't want September off because I've had all of August off and I'm ready to do something! I'm motivated so I want to get into it! Unfortunately my doc requested that I ask that I don't do my palliative rotation in September because of my healing back. Mental health would be fine because it doesn't require a lot of actual activity (mostly pyschosocial stuff). I thought that by requesting not doing palliative in September, she would probably give me september off.......Well, she emailed me and asked if I would like that or get into mental health in september. I told her how I felt and she said whatever my preference was, she would try to accommodate it! So, hopefully I'm doing mental health as of September 14!!!

Otherwise, this week has been pretty good! We are really enjoying the new routine with Shane's job. We get to have supper with one another each evening, unless something else is planned. We have free evenings together. My husband is a lot happier when he comes home and is actually enjoying his day. I pray that it only gets better!

I've spent each day this week at home except for physio and doctor's appointments. Today, I'm starting to get a little antsy. They are calling for a beautiful day (weather-wise) and I'd like to be out doing something. I've been ok at home this week because I've been absorbed in a book...but yesterday I felt yucky by the afternoon because I just read too much!

So, today I think I will bake and cook. I'm going to make something in the slow cooker and apple crisp! It should be yummy!

What are you guys doing for the long weekend?

No comments: