Well, I gotta get caught up on the last few days! Shane and I just enjoyed a nice bit to eat with Nat & Lance, friends of ours that got married just 4 short weeks ago yesterday. I was totally delighted when they called this afternoon that they were coming into the City (as us from the country call it), and wanted to get together with us! We had a blast eating appetizers at Applebees's (sundays is half-price appetizers!) and chatting for a good 2 and a half hours!
I am so blessed. I see that a lot today. I have been feeling a little on the blue side for a while lately, at times. Today at church they asked those who were going through hard times and struggles to raise their hands, and then they asked those going through good times to raise their hands. You know, I just thought to myself, "I am feeling blue at times lately, but I am so blessed on the whole. I just can't put up my hand for either specifically. Both apply to me". I do have the struggles for sure, but I also have SO MUCH blessing. I have wonderful friends, a great family, an absolutely incredible boyfriend whom I treasure, a great home and roommate and God provides all that I need! Blessed be the name of the Lord. He is a faithful and good Father. There are many things that I don't understand at all, but He is in control and He is bigger than that.
The wedding that I was in yesterday was awesome! I had such a blast being a bridesmaid! I loved having my hair done (which might I add included 113 bobby pins in my poor scalp!), getting all made-up and wearing a beautiful, strapless dress (for the first time!). It was so fun and I felt gorgeous! Shane paid me some pretty heartwarming compliments!
Well, this is getting to be a long blog because I had to get caught up! I should hurry though because I need to have a quick nap before I work the night shift tonight! This is my final week before the rest of my money is due for my trip. God has been SO faithful and people have been very generous. Actually the donations haven't come from a lot of people or necessarily the people I would have more or less expected, but the few that have gave have been incredibly generous! Thank-you Lord! Just in the past few days I have been told of 4 others that have sent money for me! Maybe it will all be covered! I hope so!
Prayer requests for today are still for Joy and Derek and their family through this tough time, my sister's final days hunting for the right job, and a couple from our church that is working with Mercy Ships and the man has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. Please take one moment to pray. If everyone that visits this blog prays just once the moment that they see this, we'll get these people covered!
Have a wonderful night! Have good sleeps while I work! I'll be sleeping later tomorrow when you all have to get up for the day! Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment