Monday, July 14, 2003

I feel like I haven't blogged in a while. Mostly due to the fact that it feels like all I've done lately is work and that is a very boring blog! Today I started my position, which doesn't change any of my job, except it means I'm there more often, securely. I had a good night tonight. See, sometimes I just don't like to work and go to a job. I have these feelings about every job that I've had. I am super thankful for the jobs that God has provided me, but sometimes I really have to work at being happy about going to work. The reality is that before work, I can dread going, but when I'm there it's fine. I just have to pray through the dread on certain days! I know that God has me working at these personal care homes for a reason. I know that I can learn a lot and that I am a valuable employee there. Jesus has a plan for my presence in those places.
I've begun to try to think in a certain way. In the mornings when I work the day shift, we have to get all the residents out of bed and washed, dressed and groomed for the day. It is quite the process and with not a lot of time, you pretty much have to fly them through it. I hate that part, because I wish that I had more time to do things a little slower, especially in the morning. I wouldn't want to have to move so fast! Anyways, I really can't change that, I can just try and go in with a cheerful attitude and try to make each residents' morning a little nicer. So, what I've tried to think about when getting each one ready is that Jesus is coming to visit today and so I want each one to look nice. I think to myself, if Jesus were coming to visit this person, would they look presentable? Even nice? I know Jesus doesn't really care about looks, but in this case, if a resident is going out on a visit or getting a special visitor, they usually look a little nicer. I'm trying to think of Jesus as this special visitor daily, because he raises the bar a little bit.
Well, 26 days until I leave on my trip! I'm getting more and more excited! It is actually getting closer! I have mixed feelings though, because my sister is moving two doors down in my appartment block on the 1st of August, and I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks right away! Moving out is a hard transition at first, especially when you are young. Steph is 18 and I was 17 when I moved out. I remember the feelings that run through you. I was excited about my future, feeling daring and independent. But, at the same time, I was nervous to be so independant, on my own and kinda alone......The benefit that Steph will have is that she isn't really leaving younger siblings behind. My brother lives at my dad's anyways, so it doesn't feel like she's leaving him behind. Me on the other hand, I felt SO bad when I moved out because I knew how hard it was especially on my sister. We shared a room the few years before I moved out and became SO close. I felt so bad that not only was I having a hard time, but I knew how much my decision was effecting her. So, I'll just have to commit my little sis to Jesus and I can trust that He will take very good care of her when I'm gone. I hope she'll be ok. And on the praise report side of things, she has a job interview this week!! Hopefully she will land a good job that she enjoys!
good night!

No comments: