Unfortunately, another person that I know has passed away. You may not recall, but a few weeks ago, I blogged about a prayer request for a distant friend of ours that was dealing with cancer. He was young (around the age of 23) and has a young wife and son. Well, last night or early this morning, he passed away. I was under the understanding that things were looking up. He had even gotten to go home from the hospital. Something went wrong with his esophagus and he needed emergency surgery. While the doctor operated, they found something wrong with part of his lung as well. He made it through the surgery and was recovering. Then he suddenly died.
I'm not exactly sure how to react. I knew him but not very well, more from camp weeks years ago. I can see though how this has effected people that I love. Heather and Beau down in Florida must be devasted. Garret (the guy that died) was one of Beau's really good friends. He was supposed to be in his wedding party this past March, but because of the cancer, he couldn't make it down to Florida for the wedding. Beau is waiting on a VISA and was told earlier that he could not come back to Canada until the VISA goes through or he won't be allowed back down. Pray that God gives Beau favor as they try to work it out that he could come up for the funeral on saturday.
My wonderful Shaner has been hit pretty hard by this whole thing. Cancer is.......I don't even know what to say about it. It has robbed many people. I just go into protector and comforter mode when Shane is sad. Not too many things make him sad and so my heart hurts for him when he hurts.
PLEASE pray for Darcy (Garret's wife) and his young son (who is 1 or 2). Pray for his family and friends who are struggling with his death. He is in heaven with Jesus, so we know that he is better off and having a blast, but the ones down here whose lives will greatly miss his presence, really need prayers. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment