Monday, May 19, 2003

Well, I did get to go home to Mitchell after all! I just got back about an hour ago. It was nice and work never did call me to pick up any shifts so I'm glad I didn't spend the last two days sitting around waiting for their calls! I got to spend the night at my dad's. My grandma moved from her house in which she has lived for 35 years, today. So, yesterday I got to go over one last time and say good-bye to the old homestead. It is kind of sad because we have had family gatherings there since before I was born! I'm going to miss that place and it is going to be weird having gatherings elsewhere. It was due time for Grandma to move though. She had a partial stroke last summer and until now has been living alone in the country. Now, she's moving into an appartment in Steinbach, which should be good for her. I hope she enjoys it and adjusts well. I hope she's not too sad about it!
I can't remember if I blogged about my mom's place yet, but it sold. My mom gets to stay which free rent until the end of September though, so I don't have to say good-bye to my old home yet! I told my sister that now my parents have to get back together and live at my dad's so that we will still have one of our two homes.
I need to learn how to rest and relax. I have a hard time not occupying myself or my mind with doing something. I always have to be doing something. I wish I could just relax. I hope to learn a little about contentment soon. My life would be richer!

No comments: