Again early this morning at 5:54am I got a call to go in to work for 7am. I said yes in my groggy voice. It was a pretty good day, can't complain, though it felt a little on the long side and I have burning, sore feet. One of the residents passed away early this morning. I wasn't the one that found her, but I did have a chance to go in an see her. It was kind of weird walking in to her room and looking at a body that was in fact, dead. On my other shifts, when I had to go into her room I entered saying (pretend her name is Lucy), "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!" and chatting to her. Now she was just a body without a spirit. Strange experience for me. I haven't had much experience with dead people, no one close to me has ever died. I think I've only gone to three funerals in my entire 20+ years of life. Strange, but kind of developing and maturing experience.
I'm going to the ballet tonight with Shane and two other couples. I'm really excited to see my two girlfriends, who are both bringing their fiances. Shane is not excited at all. Actually he's in a bit of a bad mood about it, but he agreed willingly when we discussed it weeks ago and in the end, we'll all have fun. I do understand though, because he has a hockey game and he's missing it to go to the ballet. That is a bummer! I would be disappointed too if I had something that I loved up, but I was going somewhere that Shane wanted to go instead. I understand. Oh well, we'll all have fun I'm sure.
I work again tomorrow morning but this time I know about it ahead of time. I think I'll have a nap for a bit and then get myself all prettied up for tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment