Friday, May 09, 2003
Hello there! I worked the day shift today when I was awoken at 6am with a call in to work! Oh, well, I need the shifts! And without beating around the bush, I'll get to the exciting news of the day! I AM OFFICIALLY GOING TO AFRICA IN AUGUST!!!! It is a dream come true! I am so excited! I got an email from the doctor that is leading the trip, full of awesome encouragement and welcome about the Kenya trip! I am so excited! It is finally official! The human resources lady is sending me a package for the fund-raising thing. I wouldn't be surprised and I'm totally prepared to pay for the entire trip on my own, but I've had a few people tell me that they want to help me out! Even one lady at my old workplace told me today that I should come in to work and a bunch would probably help me out in small amounts! That totally touches me! I guess I can get a little independent on occasion and decide things and do them all by myself. Sometimes I think to myself that in order to do things, I just have to make things happen without the help of other people. Maybe that sounds bad and I have a lot of really supportive friends and family, I just sometimes feel so independent and self-sufficient that when I think about it, it can be lonely. Sometimes I would just rather be taken care of, pampered and totally living the life of stress-free existance. Sounds good to me. I guess it is not that way when independence, to a point, has become your way of life. I've been out on my own, completely financially independent since I was 17, just before my graduation. Thinking back, I have no idea how I did it, but God was right beside me. I am proud to say that I have been self-sufficient, living on my own for three years next month, working my way through school, etc., but sometimes I do wish to have the life that the parents buy you a car, pay for your education, and all is fine on that front. But I wouldn't give up what I have learned and how I have matured for anything. I totally will teach my children about earning and working for things. I think it's an invaluable life lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment