Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I guess I may have a little stress filtering through my mind and the subconscious. I have been having crappy sleeps filled with dreams of work each night, yesterday included. I am constantly working with moms and babies in my dreams. Last week I even woke up after a night shift worried that I had to breastfeed my baby because it had been 2-3 hours since I have previously! I reassurred myself that I didn't in fact have a baby and therefore had no need to breastfeed! For goodness sakes!

So, I'm off to work in the next 2 hours....and though I'm excited to be there, I'm still a bundle of nerves. I'm a little worried about what this shift will hold. I have no idea what I'll have to do! And the fear of the unknown frightens me! I'm really looking forward to knowing what I'm doing one day and not being so brand new at this all. But, in reality everyone has to start out knowing nothing and it can only get better and more comfortable from here, right?

So, if you think of me this afternoon/evening, would you say a prayer of peace? I want to be saturated in the peace that passes all understanding so that I can handle anything. I want to be so secure in my destiny in Jesus that smaller things and anxieties don't throw me off. I really want my perspective about the time I am given to spend with these families to be my ministry and one of my areas of serving Jesus. I don't want to get so busy in my head that I forget to pray throughout my shift. That is so important!

Thanks so much to all of you that encourage me, affirm me and comment! I really feel your support and thank-you for your prayers! They mean a lot to me! Your support is so special to me during this new and a little frightening time. So, buckle up Kristi........here we go!

No comments: