Oh, if only to long.......
I am thinking today about how I long for food. When I see something that I crave, smell a wonderful food aroma or just think about the wonderful stuff, I feel a longing in my stomach and in the heart-area to partake of food. Both when I am hungry and when I am just desiring a specific type of food, I long for it. It is such a strong longing and desire that comes from within. Your tongue starts to get a little tingly and the salivation gets going in a greater way! It can be really tough to ignore those thoughts and feeling and not give your body what it craves.
I was thinking about this at the bus stop on the way home from University today. I want to long like that for Jesus. In a way that naturally comes from within. Whether I feel hungry or full, I still want to crave more! I want that body and heart longing and desire for Jesus. If we are created to long for Him, even greater than food, than something is mixed up here.
......and so I continue to discover more about fasting and longing........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment