I've been processing humility and boldness lately.
I feel somewhat charged with what God is speaking to me. I feel the urge to be confident and bold and say things as they are. This hasn't always been the case with me. When I started dating Shane 4 and a half years ago (as of this week), I began to learn more and more through him, work and life about being more assertive. It also helped that I worked at a day program for mentally-challenged adults and had to learn quickly about enforcing boundaries and limits.
On the other hand I am really challenged to have a heart motivated by love and filled with humility. This was on my heart right after we got back from Kansas City and hasn't left me. Instead, the unit we started 3 or so weeks ago in a course I'm taking is.......yep......none other than.......HUMILITY.
I'm having quite the wrestle learning what God's definition is of humility. I don't want to be a proud person or one that is motivated by position/recognition....or anything like that. But, I also don't want to remain silent, be worried about offending people or beat around the bush. I'm tired of everyone's offenses and the fact that truth just can't, or isn't, being spoken.
So, Lord, create in me a heart motivated by Your love and that is filled with Your humility. Give the confidence in You to speak the message that You have called me to without any hinderences.
"Truth that comes by revelation always produces change; it always leaves us less sure of ourselves, more dependent on God, and more loving towards others" - Francis Frangipane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment