Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Merry Christmas!

Today is the first day that I have the beginnings of the Christmas spirit. I called my dad who is going to lend us his small, fake tree for Christmas this year. He's bringing it by tomorrow! Shane and I verbalized that we wouldn't put up Christmas decorations or a tree until it was December. Suddenly I'm in the mood! Good thing tomorrow is December! Today is the first day that I put on some Christmas tunes! I did some stretching and excercising to it this afternoon! Good times!

This Christmas is our first as our own little family. My family tradition growing up was to celebrate on Christmas Eve. So, in my brain, Christmas is in the evening. Shane's family celebrates on Christmas morning. So, the last 4 years I have celebrated Christmas with them Christmas morning. Because of the last 4 years of practice, I think I can adjust to a different time of day than I grew up with. Shane wants to have Christmas on Christmas morning for our family and it is one of those differences that I'm alright with giving up. Before I met Shane and his family, I had never had a stocking before. I bought stockings for us at Walmart so that we can start our own tradition! I'm excited!

Maybe I'll have to start a bunch of traditions for us. I should get together with my mother to start my own collection of Christmas baking! Each year that Shane and I have been together, I gave him a Christmas card each week leading up to Christmas, like advent. It slipped my mind until the other day! Maybe I'll have to keep that tradition going! Also, we have a Christmas party each year (well, other years it was more like me having a Christmas party, but Shane was always there). So, this year we get to pack our little apartment out with friends and food! I'm looking forward to it! Maybe we'll have to pick a favorite breakfast to have on Christmas morning and then make the same every year!

I like special family traditions! What are some of your favorite? Maybe I"ll have to copy some of your family traditions! Do share!


No comments: