Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Ok on a not-so-happy side of things...I need to express my frustration.

I'm tired of Christian snobs. People that think they are doing everything right. People that mock anything that isn't their form of hip or cool. People that mock anything that isn't under the category of "artsy". I hate that word already!

I didn't really notice this pious Christian phenomenon while growing up. I went to a more traditional church and though there may have been the factor of a little religiosity, I didn't really see the snobby, we're better than you, side of Christians. I thought the people at this church were not-so-friendly and didn't enjoy them, but there wasn't the stress of what is "hip" in the Christian world today.

Sadly, this phenomenon became appartant to me when I began to associate with non-traditional churches and funtions. I began to see the snobby attitudes of the "gifted". The mockery of older styles of music, people who couldn't dance as well as another, other churches that do it differently, people who weren't hippy-like or second-hand store junkies. I was just reminded of this attitude today and felt an overwelling distaste for this attitude.

I think it is full of judgment and distain. I pray that God will keep us from this kind of mind set and attitude. I pray that those that really flow in it would be notified by the Big Guy. I just get nausous when I hear people talking in this form. I need to be aware of what I communicate and be careful to give my negative human tendancies to Jesus.

Thanks for the vent. Hope that I didn't ruffle anyone's feathers, but if I did.......maybe it was for a reason.

No comments: