So, the weekend went well! The lake was beautiful and it was so great to be out in the country! It was great to hang out with the people too!
University is here in full force! I've already done a bunch of reading and it's only the 3rd day! People are already stressed. I announced to my lab instructor in class when she stated that the stress was already high, that I refuse to live like that! I have been praying against stress and anxiety every university morning before I get out of bed! I am going to cover myself in His peace so that I can consciously stay above the overwhelming emotions! We are starting on IVs already! I'm really excited!
Tomorrow we have to write down what clinical locations we prefer. I really want to try and get into peds. It is really limited in the spaces available, and I think it is harder. I thought to myself, why don't I take the challenge even though I might get a worse grade because it is more work. I like the variety and so far all I've worked with is the elderly, women and newborns. This is my only clinical chance of working with kids! I also feel a little more comfortable because I got to practice my BPs on kids in El Salvador! Though the kids there were far better behaved in a doctor situation than most kids in North America! Truth be told.
Well, I need to head home from the U. I'm going out for supper with two of my bestest girlfriends from back home! I'm looking forward to connecting with both of them again! Both of them got married this summer and we haven't been together since before the weddings!
Also, I'd like to announce that today is Shane and I's 3rd anniversary! We have been in relationship for quite a long time! It is just getting better and better! I am such a supporter (because it's been my experience) of long-term dating! I know him so much more than I did 2 years ago. And I know myself more!
Ta Ta! Chatterbox today! Have a good evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment