Sunday, September 21, 2003

Evening. How was your weekend? Tell me about it since by reading this, you will find out how mine was. I hope it was nice, fun, relaxing and enlightening!
I spent the majority of the weekend in Yorkton, Sask. I had a blast out there with the XCO. team! My sister Steph and I (along with two other guys on our team) entered into the bed racing contest that was part of the events yesterday. We were performing in between some of the races down 3rd Avenue. It was such a small town feeling and I've never actually seen or done bed racing. Pretty much what it is is an old bed with wheels and handles at each corner. This way one person lays on the bed and four people push the bed and run as fast as they can to the finish line down the street! Out of 16 teams we got second place! We even beat the defending champions! I was so proud because I haven't been in a race for a long time......I'm remember junior high track and field which was long ago...and then our team goes right to the very end! The announcer guy was great and always reminded the crowd that we were kids from Winnipeg! The dancing went great even though the crowd was a pretty tough one. Good thing that some of us weren't in the pieces so that we could cheer and hoot for the others! It was a blast!
Since we only got back at 2am, I was SO tired and played hooky from church this morning. Yes, call me sinner......(hee hee) We had a practice again this afternoon which was great, but also quite frustrating. It is so frustrating to be trying to learn a piece, not to mention in a different type of dance than you are used to, and for people to show it once and then put on the music which is EXTREMELY fast! I was almost frustrated to tears. But it was good to be learning the pieces which will feel so great when I finally know them! And it was such a workout....I'm super sore already!
That is the majority of my weekend and I won't keep you with the rest. Though, if you are bored and reading that is your problem. That's right....this is my blog! (just a little attitude moment!)
Have good sleeps and good weeks.
Question of today (so that I get more comments...hee...hee...that's my plan!):
What is one thing that you want to accomplish in your lifetime?

No comments: