It is a cold sunday afternoon. I am still feeling unwell and coughing like a old woman with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), ready to give up a lung...or two. I just arrived home from a chilly game of golf. Yes, you read right...golf. See it was the annual IDC Communications golf tournament and barbeque which I, as the wonderful girlfriend, accompanied the lovely boyfriend to. Now that is what I call love! One of the ladies of our little team summed it up quite humorously by saying, "I guess you could classify golf as a sport because it is possible to pull muscles". I actually had a nice time in between the coughs, and didn't do too incredibly poorly if I must say so myself!
I got to go up to my favorite Rock Lake yesterday! It was the 25th anniversary of my dear camp, which I have gone to for the past 13 years of my life! It was wonderful to be back and Shane and I enjoyed wandering around the camp and rediscovering all the favorite spots (ie the creek, the beach, etc, etc). The camp has gone through a tough year, but it is awesome to see the many people that have become engraved in that place. There have been thousands if not millions of lives changed, transformed, healed and utterly saved by the ministry that Jesus has done there! My life being one of them! I hope that it continues to gone on with the same refreshing vision statement as it started with 25 years ago. I want to raise my babies there for a part of every summer. That is one of my dreams and prayers.
Must tend to the books. They are screaming for my attention. Especially the ones that I haven't had time to open yet! Ouch! They need me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment