I'm having a little stressed out moment!!!!! One of the first of the university year! We just had a quick orientation for clinical which starts tomorrow and I'm NERVOUS!!! Christina summed it up quite well, when in the middle of the orientation she turned to me and said, "I think I need some prayer!". I agree! We will have to get some tonight!
See, let me introduce you to my world of clinical. Clinical facilitators are feared like the devil himself. They may look like nice, average women who probably are mothers, wives, and pleasant neighbors. Many of them look like they could be women you go to church with, grocery shop with and see in the malls with their children. Oh no don't let that fool you. From the moment you see them all at orientation, without knowing which face belong to the name that you are already beginning to have nightmares about, you try to predict from observation who would be the nicest, the fairest, the least devil-like. Of course, my facilitator was not at the orientation so I have to quiver until tomorrow at the hospital to see if she is going to be nice enough to calm my fears. Does this sound like a lot of exaggeration? Well, spend a day with me and you will find that is not the case. Their subjective opinion of you and the way that you work, is what controls your mark, your life (sort of) for the next 9 weeks and your GPA in the long run. I just needed a freak out session and such before I declare that I will do my very best and not let one woman dictate how I feel about myself as a nurse and a person. Otherwise it ruins a lot of people. I just need a little freak out time. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment