Kansas City Trip - Day 7 (belated)
Yesterday was day 7, Friday, October 10. We've had such a nice time out here and I'm not ready to head home yet, which is good because we get to stay a few more days! I'm loving the weather so much! Capris and flip flops are wonderful! And today's high is 27!
Yesterday morning we had coffee with Justin Rizzo and that was fun! There was such a connection between Winnipeg and IHOP at last year's onething conference and you can see the effects even today! It's so neat!
Then we plundered the bookstore for some reading material to take home because we don't know the next time we'll be out here! We gotta stock up for the year!
Then to the prayer room we went which is always good. My intercession focus for the day was individual and corporate provision, but I was getting distracted by their topic of America, which I just turned into prayer for Canada!
Lunch was yummy at Panera and we got to meet Drew's girlfriend, Cat, who seems very sweet. Drew is absolutely living on cloud 9 right now! He's got enough energy for an army! That so awesome!
We headed back to the PR for a short time and then went back to the Coopers for a nap. We were both beat. We've been going to bed at 1am every night and so we were a little tired!
Then off to EGS for the evening service. Mike's message was on connecting the first and second commandments together. It was really good! I want to know God's love for me. I want to receive God's love for me. I want to love myself the way He loves me and I want to love others out of those realities! I especially want to love those well that are close to me.
We grabbed Sonic for a late supper (I love their sweet tea!) and headed back to the Coopers. We were sad to pack up and leave last night as we've thoroughly enjoyed Kristi, Steven and Shiloh. Shiloh has been such a blessing to have around. It has been so nice to connect with another couple that is in similar shoes as Shane and I. Kristi and I are both nurses, who love our jobs but want to do family and prayer movement stuff as our priority. Our husbands are full-time in the prayer movement. It was great to connect on some of those issues that we don't usually get to connect with others on. They can identify with some of our struggles!
We packed the van up and headed over to Mary Jean and Tony's where we will be staying until Monday. We really like these friends of our too and have enjoyed their hospitality, generosity and friendship over the last 2-3 years!
Well, today's update will come later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment