New steps........exciting and nerve-wracking!!!!!!
At 2:30pm today, I got a call which ended in hearing myself agree to sing....yes, sing....at Encounter God Night tonight. I am still in shock that I heard myself saying yes! I have had butterflies since that phone call and think I might be sick if I eat anything before I go!
I really don't sing...well, in public, or by myself, that is. In the shower, to a cd, with a church congregation, yes. In a mic, on a stage, no. Well, tonight that will be different. I don't think I have a great voice, at all. Generally I can keep a tune, but not all the time!
Strangely, this feels like a natural step in obedience. That sounds funny even to me. Natural? Hardly. Obedience? To what?
I just have a feeling deep within that small step of obedience, even when they are uncomfortable, are often the building blocks to even greater things. Strangely, this feels like one of those moments. If we are faithful with the little things, which I think even include little moments of stepping out and saying yes, we will be entrusted with much!
So, I say, BRING IT ON, LORD!!! ALL THAT YOU HAVE!!! I SAY YES, EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS STRANGE OR UNCOMFORTABLE!!!
(and would you please pray, fellow bloggers??? I'm a little nervous and really hope I don't totally suck!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment