Ahhhh...soon I will sleep!
Back on nights at the hospital. When I came in last night there was only 1 patient written on the board! I had never seen the board so empty. Well, 9 minutes into my shift, our first baby was born. That was fast and exciting!
Then, we got another laboring patient as the previous one was being transferred to another unit. I was totally involved in that delivery too! The doctor made the delivery (whew!), but my buddy nurse, whom I had only met that shift, had me do pretty much everything surrounding the delivery and recovery time. Wow! I think I'm starting to do this stuff a little better! I did all the charting, timed all the important events like the birth of the baby and placenta, did the baby vitals, did the newborn assessment, did the cord gases, etc, etc. I did most of everything, minus mom's checks! Wow, can language barriers be frustrating! My patient hardly understood any english! That is tough!
It was a really busy time, but I felt competent! I love that feeling!
So, I'm going to bed for the day now. It is so hard to go to sleep when I'd rather be starting my day with the beautiful weather outside! But, I got to take a walk in the beautiful outdoors for part of my trip home this morning! I'll quickly get to sleep so that I can enjoy the beautiful weather in the evening when my husband is home to enjoy it with me!
And, on one last note, happy father's day to my dad and all the other dads out there! We had a nice Father's Day and celebrated here at our appartment! That was actually a really nice change from the extended family gathering. Life is too complicated for too many extended family gatherings as we all get older. And frankly, I'd rather use these opportunities to spend time alone with my immediate family members! It was sort of like having a family gathering at my place! Kinda strange to think of it that way! I, with the help of Steph and Shane, cooked a big meal of what we call "The Earl's Dish", made a caesar salad and a homemade chocolate cheesecake! Mmmmmmm!!!
Off I go to bed! Have a beautiful day, y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment