And the trend continues....
So, as Erica commented, the effect that seems to be following me in the labor room, may be something that moms would really like....getting to fully in quick time!
Tonight I got to have another laboring patient. I (ya right...it's not really me at all) didn't do quite as well with the effect tonight. Instead of 3 to 10 in an hour, it was 7 to delivered in 1 hour and 45 minutes. The only thing was....I was by myself at 9cm!!! That was kinda freaky! I was a little afraid that this baby was going to come too fast! I got mom to pant through her urges to push for 15 minutes so that she could dilate that 1cm more and so that another nurse would come in before she started to push. Well, I quickly called the other nurse, I checked mom, and low and behold, FULLY AND HEAD RIGHT THERE!! Well, the doc made the delivery by 4 minutes on the nose!!!! Thank goodness!!! I felt so responsible for everything and everyone....mostly because my buddy was on supper and missed the delivery! So, the other nurse was helping me, but I felt like I was the one that was trying to be "the nurse" and doing the stuff!
Aww.....such a cute baby! Alert, content and adorable! I love it when the dads/grandpas ask me how many children I have. It is such a compliment to me because I assume...and will keep on assuming for the nice feeling it brings......that they ask because they think I look natural with the little ones!!! That is such a nice feeling!
I must say, it is a wonderful feeling to love your job. I've worked multiple jobs ranging from working with mentally-challenged adults, being a Santa Clause photographer, health care aid, retail worker at Please Mum, and finally a receptionist. Some jobs I've enjoyed more than others. But, I've not extremely enjoyed any of them to this extent. I hate the feeling of dreading going to work and being there and counting down the hours. Well, I had the great feeling this morning of actually waking up looking forward to this evening's shift! I was looking forward to coming to work! That is a great feeling! I love my job....well, it really isn't an official job....but what the heck, I LOVE IT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment