Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ahhh.....great evening!

Seeing as it is 12:30am...and I could be sleeping but am not.....why not write up a quick blog! See, I'm done my stretch of 3 nights...and slept an 8 hour day, so this is normally the time that I'm up and working! I am a little tired but I probably could stay up longer. I'll do a quick blog and then I'm off to bed!

I love my girlfriends! I had a fabulous evening with a few of them! Loraleigh, Christina, Steph, Shauna, Bonnie and I all spent a great evening together! We first met at the movie theatre and watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I totally enjoyed it! I pity any man who sits through it, but it is wonderful to see with a bunch of girls! I just had to give them all a nice, close hug after that heartwarming girly movie!

Then we went over to the Fyxx for drinks and chatting. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the warm, beautiful weather. I didn't even notice the misquitos until the very end! I love hearing how each friend is doing and what's new! And being with a few unmarried girlfriends means there is usually a great love story or two in the making that we get to be filled in on! Ahhhh.....love.........of course there are lots of squeals and laughs!

So, to my beautiful friends, cheers! This is what I enjoy about the 5 I spent time with tonight!

Steph - the most incredible sister you could ask for; attentive; always excited about what is happening in other peoples' lives; gives awesome hugs; definitely encouraging!

Christina - a constant friend; helps out in the rides department which is a real blessing!; a great listener; full of life and anticipation for the future!; dependable

Loraleigh - what can I say, she's one of a kind!; wise; open and honest; always investing in my life; makes an effort to hang out and join us (and she has 3 kids at home); makes you feel heard

Bonnie - we go way back!; just like the movie had a group of 4 close girlfriends, we were part of a group of 4 in highschool!; also makes the effort to hook up babysitting and grace us with her presence; is often heard laughing to a story that someone is telling; gentle and sensitive; I'm encouraged by watching her grow and do life

Shauna - she is a hoot!; always making you laugh; talks in a way that everything sounds like a story; she is a longterm kind of friend; very enjoyable to be around; quality girl

I love my girlfriends! If you are reading this and thinking about your friends and how much you enjoy them, let them know! That is my challenge to you all today! Hug someone and tell them what you love about them!

No comments: