What a nice weekend! We just got back from Rock Lake where we spent the weekend! The weather was pretty great...though I thought the water was cold so I spent my time on the beach instead of in the water!
My baby sister got baptized today! Yes, Loraleigh, it was this weekend and at Rock Lake, but I'm sure she'd take the prayer anytime! It was really great! My mom, brother, and dad came out, as well as some of Steph's girlfriends from high school! I thought that was super supportive of them! Good girlfriends rock! It was a very heart-warming time and I'm so proud of my sister! I'm so glad that she did it at the lake! A neat thing was that Alvina Peters (Bonnie's mom for those that know Bonnie) baptized me at Rock Lake when I was 8. We found out last night that there wasn't an appointed person to baptize Steph, so Alvina volunteered!! It was special because we absolutely love Alvina and now she's baptized both of us!
The speakers were pretty great too....it was a trio apostolic/prophetic team. Lots of good stuff! Shane and I were so tempted to quit our jobs today and stay out at Rock Lake for the rest of the summer. Our hearts are definitely there. Bummer that we need our jobs and money. If I wasn't in school.......it would have been tempting!
It was so fun to go to camp for the first time as a married couple! We got to stay in our own room and do our own thing as a family unit....even though we spent most of our time with people! I love my husband so much. As I told him before bed last night, I'm growing to love him more and more every day. I am so loving this thing of marriage!
Well, I have to pray for hope to survive 6 more weeks of work. I am hating it and it makes me feel a strong feeling of despair, but I don't really want to talk about that right now! The weekend was great and I'd rather enjoy that fact for now! Have a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment