Friday, July 30, 2004

I love my girlfriends! Yesterday I threw together a girl's night at Earl's. I had a really nice time with some of the females in my life! There were 7 of us there and just talked, ate and I brought the wedding pictures for them to see. Afterwards, I got to see my old roomie's new house that she and her brother are in the process of moving into! Good-bye old appartment! I shall never see your insides again! Steph, Chris and I were going to see a movie at the cheapies, but we had a need to talk instead. We ended up parked in Movie Network's parking lot and talking in the car for quite a while before we decided to call it a night. I love my girlfriends! Such honesty can be shared with close friends and as Christina said, how come it is so easy to communicate and connect with your girlfriends and not always so easy with the opposite gender (paraphrased)?

Fortunately I have quite a good listener of a husband. Of course, naturally, some days we are on different pages in the connecting area, but I find that that isn't so frequent. I like that. I have definitely learnt a lot about communicating from Shane because over the almost 4 years of relationship he has really encouraged and challenged me to communicate fully and honestly. Sometimes I do need some time and other times I really don't know exactly what to say. It must drive him nuts but sometimes I finally hit the nail on the head and pinpoint exactly what I'm feeling after I've processed verbally for a while. All along he's thinking, "just get to the point woman!". But I really sometimes don't know what the point is until I hit it like a wall out of nowhere!

Tonight I am spending the evening with my wonderful husband! I'm really looking forward to it because we both worked evenings this week and this is our first evening together since sunday! I'm ready for some relaxing, quality time! ....I'm running only half full in the snuggle area! Unfortunately I tried to get someone to switch my weekend work shifts but no one could. This is Shane's one and only weekend off of August....and I'm working saturday through tuesday....bummer. Oh well, life goes on! At least we have tonight!

Well, it is my one day off out of 9 days and I'm going to spend the day at home! I'm going to clean, cook, bake, launder(?), read, bathe and shave! I will smell good and feel smoothe by the time my hubbie comes home! And I bought two new books about marriage at Blessings so I'm pretty pumped to relax and learn from them!

Have a great day!

No comments: