Monday, July 26, 2004

Something inside of me sometimes longs for a conversation of substance, wisdom and spiritual stuff. I am feeling that way today after spending the weekend at Rock Lake! I have been focussing on working, cleaning my house and cooking meals. Can you believe it? Kristi...the one who never used to cook! Well, somehow it is coming naturally for me now and I am finding a lot of peace, relaxation and enjoyment in upkeeping our home! Thank-you Jesus, because that can only be supernatural!!!

But now I'm thinking that I don't want to swing too far both ways. See, I don't want to be the kind of person that is so "spiritualized" that they can't even live a normal life that inevitably includes bills, cleaning, cooking, relationships, conflict, love, etc. Because God made all these things to be included in the earthly life we live. These things are not just activities we must do but they can be life-giving and acts of worship as well. But, I can also see how it is easy to be side tracked by all these things and become soley focussed on these necessities of life. I want my life to be real. Including all these necessities, trials and joys....and be full of the presence and focus of God. I do want to have a new perspective and a new source of hope. I often feel like I have to do it all myself...that God isn't fast enough, or he's just not into doing what I want today. I know that my brain needs some new thought patterns, but that is sometimes how it works. I want to be able to trust that he will meet my needs and it doesn't mean in my timing. I just have to have faith and trust that he knows more than I do. I think I might have to get into the habit of surrendering all control each and every day. It is tiring when you feel like you have to make things happen.....

well, much is on my mind and heart today.....maybe I'll blog again in the next few days. I'm working evenings this week, so we'll see what kind of time I have! ....I think God is stirring some things up. I wonder what he's going to do and where we're going to end up..........

-very interested

No comments: