Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Nasty Flu Bug

I got hit with some kind of nasty flu bug which started letting its presence be known Tuesday evening. By Wednesday morning, I was feeling really nasty and spent the day on the couch, sleeping and running to my best friend, the bathroom =) All plans for that day were canceled.

Thursday I still couldn't eat really but I am such a committed employee and wanted to make it in for the stat that I dragged my butt to work Thursday to Friday night. I felt awful! But by morning, I thought things were getting a little better.

Then I woke up Friday afternoon with a sore stomach, a little nauseous, an extra sore wrist and had a little meltdown to my hubbie. I'm so thankful to have someone who cares for me and helps me make decisions when I need some assistance =) He passed me the phone and told me to call work and say I was sick.

I spent the evening on the couch and my poor wrist in the "claw".

Saturday morning I woke up undecided if I would be able to work that night. I stayed home and by 2pm was exhausted and went back to bed. I woke up at 4:15pm and felt more nauseous than the day before. After a very hard decision of whether or not to call in sick, I called in sick. Boy am I glad I did! The evening was even worse that the previous!

I was SUPER nauseous and back visiting my best friend =) I took 100mg of gravol in 4 hours which didn't work. I thought I'd try to sleep by 11:30pm.

The night was awful! I think I am really dehydrated, and that combined with a sore stomach and nausea, made me extremely agitated. I thrashed in bed, waking often and visiting my friend regularly, until 5:30am. I really wanted an IV bolus to hydrate me all night long! Too bad I didn't have the supplies to it myself at home =)

I did get a little rest between 5:30am and 11:00am which was good. My tummy still isn't happy but I've eaten 2 pieces of bread this morning! I need to force hydrate myself today.

Other than that 12 hour night shift I stupidly went to, I haven't left the house since Tuesday evening and it's Easter Sunday now! That is an eternity for an extrovert =) Thankfully I haven't been climbing the walls because I've felt too crummy.

Not a nice way to spend Easter! Healing to my body in the Name of Jesus!

No comments: