I AM PUMPED!
We had our first Nightwatch as Sanctuary House of Prayer today in the wee hours of the morning. After preparing for an all-nighter with different means, such as naps, caffeine, sugar and prayer, the crew met at midnight to start our day in the prayer room.
It was an awesome bunch that came out to participate! There was 18 of us in total and from the moment I walked in the door to the time we were leaving, I was super excited!
We had different sets every hour or half hour with a mixture of Worship With the Word, Intercession and Devotional sets. I am so proud of everyone that participated! I am so proud of our "new-er" singers who got out there and gave it their all! They sounded awesome and really took ownership of the night =)
I feel so honored to have had the pleasure of being a part of the first Nightwatch. I pray that this breaks open the next stage in our history as a house of prayer. I know that if I was at another stage in my own life, I probably wouldn't get the opportunity of going out all night. So, I am incredibly thankful for where I'm at in life today. Totally blessed to have the freedom to spend 12am - 6am before the Lord and praying for my city, along side my friends, family and husband.
I just had to wake up even though I only had 5 hours of sleep....and I'M STILL FLYING HIGH! I feel refreshed after a night of prayer. I feel encouraged and reminded why I have chosen to live a lifestyle of prayer and worship and why I love it so. I feel a tad bit like Hammy from Over the Hedge...still =)
I will attribute it to joy. I felt joy in the house last night. I haven't felt joy like that at Sanctuary in many, many months. It was incredibly good for my soul =)
If there is joy and grace for the Nightwatch like that, sign me up anytime! I'd totally do that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Kristi that is awesome! I am not a night person usually but you make me want to try it. There are several young families here raising their children on a night watch schedule. We will have a whole generation of night watchers pretty soon. IHOP-KC is the first place to have a culture of kids growing up in the night time enviornment like this.
Post a Comment