Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Singing my heart out!

Tonight was my first voice recital ever! After delightfully working away at my voice warm-ups and songs for the last 5 months, tonight was the night!

I worked all day (9 hours now) and so was pretty distracted from being nervous during the day. I stayed calm at home and even warming up before leaving. When we were moments from the church, there was a scene on the street and I ran over because of my moral obligation as a nurse, and the compassion in my heart. Those minutes caused me to be a little late for a quick practice with the pianist before the recital. So, with all the rushing and such, the nerves kicked in. Bummer!

Well, when my nerves kick in, they show through the wavering of my voice! Fortunately it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was. That wavering drives me crazy, because I can't seem to control it! It happens at Sanctuary too when I do devos!

Now that it is over, I wish I could do it again!

I also must brag on my supports! All my parents came (mom, dad and in-laws), my siblings, my sister-in-law, my niece and of course, my biggest fan, Shane! I had the biggest crowd of supporters by far, making me feel very loved! Thanks guys!

So, I'm sad to see voice lessons end for the summer. I hope to start again as soon as my teacher has her baby in fall and is up to teaching! I had a great experience these last 5 months and loved learning and working at something!

5 comments:

Christina said...

Good job Kristi! Way to go!!

(now I'm curious what the scene was that made you late...)

Joel said...

Very Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That is a great report! I too would like to hear about that scene you went to :)

MJ said...

You made me cry when you first started because I was amazed at what the Lord is doing with you both and I was so impressed with your singing. Of course I am such a baby. But you now hold the award for making me cry. LOL.I am blessed to have a daughter in love like you. thank you Lord.

Camillia said...

Awesome Kristi! You rock!