Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Weekend Away in the Middle of the Week!

Shane and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary tomorrow! June 12, 2004 was a wonderful day, four years ago, when I become Mrs. Kristi Farrow! I have LOVED being married these past 4 years and am so thankful for the man God chose for me. My life has been greatly enriched by Shane's presence in it!

I'm really excited to celebrate this anniversary. For the first time since our honeymoon in 2004, Shane and I are going away for 2 nights...alone! We have gone away in the past 4 years but we usually stay in a hotel room or a lodge room at camp with my family (which is a lot of fun!). Or, we've gone down to KC and stayed with friends. So, this is our first hotel-type experience alone since our honeymoon and I am totally pumped!

We're headed to a little resort, not too far away, for 2 nights. We have a cabin with a jacuzzi, steam shower with speakers!, fireplace, a/c, pool table, BBQ, King's size bed, sun room, big screen tv, etc! It is going to be good! And we're going to eat some good food!

My marriage has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I am so thankful for it. My husband has caused me to love God more and has propelled me forward in my relationship with Jesus, over the last 7 and 1/2 years. I feel very safe emotionally with him and am so thankful that I can tell my spouse anything! Especially because I'm such a verbal processor and he's got a fairly good amount of patience for that!

Shane is my bestest friend, besides Jesus, of course! And I'm looking forward to many, many more years as husband and wife!

Cheers to 4 years of marriage!

ps. Check out June of the 2004 posts to see a few pics Yvonne posted after the wedding!

7 comments:

MJ said...

Have a great time and may the Lord continue to bless you both. See you when you get back Lots of hugs mom

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you guys that you can have this getaway! Congrats on 4 wonderful years - have an amazing time celebrating!!

Lanney said...

So exciting! Congrats on your anniversary!! Have an amazing time - enjoy it to the fullest!

Camillia said...

Sounds like good times! Congrats and enjoy yourselves:)

Stephanie said...

"Your best friend besides Jesus!!" Were you thinking of Grandma when you wrote that?? Have a WONDERFUL time on your second honeymoon!! I love you guys & am so happy you're married : )

Jacki said...

Congrats, guys! I hope you have an AWESOME time together. And YEAH for guys who can handle verbal processors like you and I!! :) God bless you two!

Kristi said...

Thanks everyone! We feel blessed and loved by your support and comments!