Monday, April 23, 2007

Thumb gadgets and musical instruments....

I just finished playing 20 minutes of guitar, as ordered by physio today!!!!! That is the most guitar I've played since the middle of February!!! The most in 9 weeks actually!

I've got this fun little thumb gadget that I brought home from physio today to experiment with while playing guitar. See, my thumb is my archenemy lately, as it is a major instigator of my pain on my left hand. And somehow I press on my thumb and bend it awkwardly when I play the guitar. So, we're brainstorming how I can play guitar more without adding to my wrist problem.

This little gadget is kinda like a thimble that covers the top of a thumb. Except that it is this gelly substance that provides some friction to stick to the guitar better. Boy, I'm doing a bad job of explaining this! Anyways, we'll see over a few guitar-playing times if it seems to help!

I'm happy to be on a course to increasing my guitar playing. I'm at 20 minutes as a trial right now.

On the wrist news, I start my back-to-work program this Wednesday! I'm excited to see my coworkers and be in my workplace again, but I'm a little nervous about pain! It would be a lot easier to go back to work if there was a miraculous healing or a significant change in my wrist since February, but unfortunately there hasn't really been. But, on we go!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I forgot to ask after internship how your thumb gadget worked. Did it help?
Have a great 1st shift back!

Kristi said...

I'm not totally sure yet! I think it may!