The power of prayer.....
It is really neat to put on the IHOP webstream which allows me to hear and see the prayer room in Kansas City while I read the news online. I was reading about the tragic shootings at Virgina Tech. As I was reading, the girl that was praying at the mic starting praying specifically for the staff and students at Virgina Tech. That is powerful when someone is praying aloud for the very thing you are reading.
I pray that these horrific events cause the reaction of prayer. It is devastating and awful. It makes me want to pray for our generation all the more. Jesus, save this generation! Encounter them with salvation! Surround those students, families, friends and faculty with your Spirit and your comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
AMEN! What happened at Virginia Tech is very tragic. It has hit close to home for some people who work here and who are coming to work here. One new teacher shared that her brother's friend was killed in the shooting. Her brother wasn't there because he decided to take the year off. Another teacher here shared that the son of a friend of their's decided to skip school but if he hadn't done that he would have been in the class that the shooter went to. I thank God for the protection of the people who weren't there or got out unharmed. But I do grieve for the others. Come Lord Jesus Come.
On another not so serious note, I do like the new look of your blog.
I heard that prayer too! I wonder how many grieving families in Virginia were listening to the link when she prayed. Lord be their comfort.
Post a Comment