Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ok.....for the update......

I'm a little encouraged today! We finally have a plan....even though it is a little longer than I anticipated!

I saw the doctor today and we realize that resting my wrist hasn't accomplished a significant change like we had hoped. So, he wants to get my wrist moving again, even with increased pain! He assured me that it is probably going to hurt more! I don't really like the sound of that, as it already hurts at times in every day. But I do like the sound of getting moving again and strengthening these weak forearms and wrists of mine!

So, he told me that he wants me to start doing my dishes again and playing a little guitar again!!!! Yippee!!!! I'm so excited to play a little again! I played one song the other night for the first time in 6 weeks and just sat on the floor crying and realizing more that I really would like to be playing again. God has given me a lot of grace in this time period to watch and encourage others to play without getting the chance to. I'm so glad that there has been grace, as it could have been much harder emotionally! It's not over yet though, and so I pray the grace continues!

Also, I'm really pumped about doing my own dishes! I've felt so bad watching Shane do them alone for the past 3 weeks. I'm generally the washer and he's the dryer. Now he's had to do it alone and that makes me feel bad not to be helping! So, as of tonight, I can do some dishes!

For the plan for the next while, I am to start my strengthening program with physio for the next 2 weeks, without working. Then I will have a meeting with some folks from the hospital to create a back-to-work program. So, it is looking like I will start back at work for 4 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts in about 3 weeks. It will probably take about 4 weeks to work up to my regular hours. So, by mid-May I could be back to my usual shifts! Whew! What a process!

But I'm so pleased to have a plan!

Please continue to pray for my wrists/arms as I feel pain a bunch of each day! I still want total and complete healing, without increased pain with movement!

He will complete the good work that He has started in me!

No comments: