Yesterday, today and tomorrow...
I actually did 8 out of the 10 things to do on my list from yesterday. The only things I didn't do was the dishes and talk with the insurance guy! The day was full and fun! I really did enjoy the movie...Narnia....whatever they called it....The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe. I didn't have very high expectations and so I really enjoyed it!
Also, the neurologist put Shane on a new drug yesterday. The "new kid on the block" according to our doctor. He isn't allow to put just anyone on this drug, according to Pharmacare. We get to try it out because we're trying our fourth drug already! The bummer is that it is expensive! I joked with Shane in the car about the fact that we should get sponsered for our medical bills. It really isn't that bad at all! It is just a little stressful when you add more to the financial list! But, if it works, and doesn't cause icky side effects, I'll be so thankful!
As for today, I worked a 12 hour shift on Labor and Delivery. It was a nice day. And I actually still had the energy to do some grocery shopping afterwards!
Tomorrow, I'm back to the hospital again for shift 2 out of 3 this weekend. I think it should be a pretty good weekend.
Strangely, I'm kinda looking forward to working over the Christmas weekend.....I must be psycho! It is kinda special to be with patients on Christmas...especially those celebrating a special time in their lives such as an addition to their families! And to top it off, I get to take a family member with me over the wee hours of Christmas Eve!! My little sis (well, I guess that isn't exactly true...my mature, beautiful, adult sister) is coming to hang with me over a 12 hour night shift to job shadow me! We get to spend the whole shift together! I've requested that we be placed on one of the labor floors so that Steph can hopefully see her first delivery! That would be special! I want to see her watch her first birth! That is special for me too! It may be a little strange too...as my nursing role is a role that Steph hasn't seen me in before. None of my loved ones really...minus Christina as we were in clinical together. I'm really looking forward to having that shift together!
Well, I'm going to do a little vegging and reading before I hop into bed for a good night's sleep....maybe a warm bath would be nice......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment